Bieber unleashes on the paparazzi

Justin Bieber and guests leaving their boat after it docked in Melbourne.

Bieber unleashes on the paparazzi in Brisbane.

JUSTIN Bieber has made privacy a huge priority over the past few years but it seems like the more the singer yearns for it, the more people obsess over it.

Bieber, who performed in Brisbane last night as part of his Purpose tour, took some much needed downtime at Richard Branson’s luxurious Noosa island Makepeace Island Resort.

After spotting boats around the island, the singer gave them the finger and told them to “f**k off”. The footage was obtained by7News.

Branson’s heart-shaped island accommodates up to 20 guests and costs at least $5,500 a night to hire.

Bieber’s fury comes less than two days after a sour encounter with a fan in Melbourne.

There, 20-year-old fan Sabah Helal started following the singer around the city on the weekend.

When the young fan saw Bieber step out of a car near Crown Casino, she rushed over to him and told him she was going to take a selfie with him.

“He wasn’t in a good mood and was adamant that he wouldn’t take a photo with me,” she told The Herald Sun.

Helal attempting to take a selfie with Bieber.

Helal attempting to take a selfie with Bieber.Source:Facebook

Bieber told Helal: “You’re invading my privacy, I don’t want a photo.”

Helal admitted she knew he wasn’t interested in taking a photo at all but “I told him, I was going to take the photo anyway.”

When she started snapping away, Bieber replied, “Look at you, you make me sick”.

The 23-year-old singer is set to play a sold-out show at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium tomorrow night.

There is however a warning for fans to check their tickets before heading to the show.

Concertgoers who didn’t buy their tickets through “official means” are at risk of being turned away, reports KIIS FM.

The possible turnaway comes after CHOICE Magazine resorted to filing a lawsuit against ticket reselling agencies including Ticketmaster Resale and Viagogo after the publication revealed they’re breaching anti-scalping rules.

Fans heading to the Sydney leg of Bieber’s concert tomorrow are being urged to check their tickets.

Fans heading to the Sydney leg of Bieber’s concert tomorrow are being urged to check their tickets.Source:News Corp Australia

Barnesy makes children’s album

Blue Wiggle Anthony Field and Jimmy Barnes have worked on kids’ album Och Aye the G’Nu!

MEET Jimmy Barnes — children’s musician.

Barnesy has collaborated with the gurus of the kiddie genre The Wiggles on Och Aye the G’Nu.

The unexpected new album was inspired by Barnsey’s grandchildren courtesy of the grown-up Tin Lids and son David Campbell.

Songs include I’m a G’nu, Shake Your Shaggy, Shaggy Mane, I Got New Shoes and My G’Nu Kazoo.

There will also be a book of children’s poems, also titled Och Aye the G’Nu, and Barnes has also recorded a special talking book version.

Jimmy Barnes and Anthony Field from the Wiggles — doing it for the kids

Jimmy Barnes and Anthony Field from the Wiggles — doing it for the kidsSource:Supplied

The album is released on March 31, with the book out on April 1.

In the new venture Barnes writes and sings about G’Nu, “a happy young wildebeest who lives in Glasgow Zoo with his very best friend, Kangaroo, as they set off on adventures far and wide.”

The title is a nod to his Scottish background and comes on the back of a more grim view of his homeland in last year’s autobiography Working Class Boy.

“It has been such an honour and a pleasure to work with my old friends The Wiggles, on this project,” Barnes said. “Anthony (Field) is the best in the world in this field and he guided me through this project every step of the way. We had a lot of fun doing it too.”

Barnes is the voice of the G’Nu, the album also features his son Jackie and other family members, former Purple Wiggle Jeff Fatt and current Wiggles Lachy, Emma and Simon.

The rock icon has had 11 No. 1 albums in Australia in his solo career.

Jimmy Barnes' children's album Och Aye the G'nu!

Jimmy Barnes’ children’s album Och Aye the G’nu!Source:Supplied

Sweet revenge: Dumped radio star gets last laugh

Triple M’s Robin Bailey and One Nation leader Pauline Hanson have ripped into each other over the Senator’s controversial comments on banning the burqa. Audio: Triple M Brisbane?s Marto, Ed & Robin on 104.5 FM

Robin Bailey is part of Triple M’s breakfast show with Ed and Marto. Pic Mark Calleja

BRISBANE radio host Robin Bailey has had the last laugh after she was controversially dumped by 97.3 FM last year.

The popular host was with the station for 10 years before she was “blindsided” in November when her bosses said her contract would not be renewed.

“I genuinely did not see it coming,” Bailey told news.com.au today.

Not long after being pushed out the door, the radio host signed with opposition station Triple M and joined Greg ‘Marto’ Martin and Ed Kavalee on the breakfast show at the start of 2017.

Today the first radio ratings of the year were released and it couldn’t have gone better for Bailey.

Her old station, 97.3 FM, ended last year as the number one FM breakfast show in Brisbane. Triple M ended the year equal third.

But that’s not the case anymore.

Marto, Ed & Robin grabbed a massive 2.9 per cent extra audience share while 97.3 FM’s Bianca, Terry & Bob dropped 2.0 per cent in today’s results.

Former 97.3 brekkie host Robin Bailey with her new Triple M co-hosts, Ed and Marto. Picture: Liam Kidston

Former 97.3 brekkie host Robin Bailey with her new Triple M co-hosts, Ed and Marto. Picture: Liam KidstonSource:News Corp Australia

Bailey and her co-hosts leapfrogged her old station and the Triple M trio now have the second highest rated FM brekky show in Brisbane with 97.3 FM behind in third place.

It’s a case of sweet revenge for Bailey.

“I think that management made a decision [last year] and look what’s happened,” she said.

“I don’t want to stand here and throw mud at them, I really don’t want to give them that energy. “But I think when you don’t play nicely, things don’t go the way you want them to go. They’ve made their choices and look what’s happened.”

Bailey said she was “positively relieved” when she was told the news today and added that she never took it for granted that listeners would follow her to her new home at Triple M.

“Breakfast radio is very habitual and it’s a big deal for people to change their station. I didn’t for a second assume that I would [bring an audience over] but I got the result today and went, ‘that’s just frickin amazing’.”

Bianca Dye replaced Robin Bailey on 97.3's breakfast show with Bob Gallagher and Terry Hansen. Picture: Tara Croser

Bianca Dye replaced Robin Bailey on 97.3’s breakfast show with Bob Gallagher and Terry Hansen. Picture: Tara CroserSource:News Corp Australia

Bailey said she’s “humbled” by the dedication of her fans whom she formed a particularly strong bond with in 2014 when her husband of 15 years took his own life after battling depression.

“You gotta understand, what I went through at that station [97.3 FM] with those people … it was so unique,” she said.

“I think because I came back on air after my husband died and because I chose to do the best I could as honestly as I could, that people connected with that, and I guess those people continue to care and some of them have come over to Triple M.

“That’s a bloody privilege and it does humble me every single day, it really does.”

If you or someone you know is in need of crisis or suicide prevention support, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or visit www.lifeline.org.au/gethelp

Casey shocked by jungle weight loss

Casey Donovan talks about what she has learnt during her time in the jungle, after her big win on I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here!

Casey Donovan has been shocked by her weight loss. Picture: Dylan Robinson

CASEY Donovan has vowed to continue living healthily after losing more than 17kgs along the way to winning I’m A Celebrity …Get Me Out Of Here!

“I feel like this is a kickstart, losing the weight I did on the show was absolutely amazing,” Donovan told News Corp Australia.

“I shocked myself so we will see what happens but I am very excited to get back to Australia.”

The 28-year-old was last night crowned queen of the jungle after surviving six weeks on a stark ration pack in the heat of the South African jungle.

RELATED: Nat Bas’ career clarity

Donovan celebrates her second reality TV win with her mum Tracey Axford. Picture: Dylan Robinson

Donovan celebrates her second reality TV win with her mum Tracey Axford. Picture: Dylan RobinsonSource:News Corp Australia

She dropped from 149 kilograms to below 132kgs when she and her campmates were last weighed just over a week ago.

Before entering the competition she said she had hoped to get down to 100kgs.

Celebrity contestants lived off daily basic diet rations of 25 grams of oats, 45 grams of beans, 50 grams of rice, 200 grams of vegetables and two tablespoons of oil.

Casey Donovan has beaten out all comers to be the first woman crowned as champion on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Outta Here

Feeling exhilarated by her win and weight loss, Donovan will hit the ground running when she returns home to Sydney, with a new single titled Lonely and an album to come.

REVEALED: Dane Swan’s wedding plans

Donovan with runners-up Dane Swan and Natalie Bassingthwaighte in South Africa. Picture: Dylan Robinson

Donovan with runners-up Dane Swan and Natalie Bassingthwaighte in South Africa. Picture: Dylan RobinsonSource:News Corp Australia

She’s also got another book in mind, a follow-up to her autobiography, Big, Beautiful and Sexy.

“Definitely music, possibly more acting and there’s a few things in the pipeline that is for sure,” said Donovan, whose next tattoo will be an Oscar the Grouch on her leg.

“And I’ve got another book in me I think. It would be more self-reflective.”

Of her jungle experience, she added: “I think I have learnt that I am stronger than I think and that I am a very positive person. I like to make people happy and laugh.”

Singer and songwriter Casey Donovan performed an acoustic set for her fellow celebrities as they reflected on the evening. Her angelic voice captivated the group as she performed live. Courtesy: Network Ten

* The journalist is in South Africa as a guest of Channel Ten.

Originally published as Casey shocked by jungle weight loss

Holly’s beau accused of wedding threat

Luxury British property developers Christian and Nick Candy are locked in a $213 million lawsuit involving allegations of blackmail, extortion and intimidation.

Holly Valance and Nick Candy in London, England. Picture: Getty

THE multi billionaire husband of Aussie actress Holly Valance had allegedly threatened “to send the boys over” to the home of a travel operator after the tickets for her Australian family to attend their lavish LA wedding were either the wrong class or missing, a London court has heard.

Billionaire property developer Nick Candy said the ticket stuff up threatened to derail his 2012 wedding to the former Neighbours actor and singer but he denies threatening or intimidating anybody nor suggesting he could call in Russian heavies.

The claim came during a legal dispute over a multi-million dollar loan to a former best friend Mark Holyoake who is suing Candy and his brother for $213 million in damages for what he claims has been a campaign against him.

To make his case, Roger Stewart QC representing Holyoake told London’s High Court that Candy was prone to bullying and using threats to get his way.

Holly Valance, Nick Candy, Christian Candy and Emily Crompton. Picture: Getty

Holly Valance, Nick Candy, Christian Candy and Emily Crompton. Picture: GettySource:Getty Images

Mr Stewart said there was email evidence to indicate that Candy had threatened travel operators when the correct airline tickets failed to arrive for Australian guests including Valance’s family flying to LA for his four-day wedding at which Katy Perry was being paid $2 million to sing.

Mr Stewart suggested to Mr Candy in cross examination that he had threatened “to send the boys over” to the house of one of the ticket providers.

Actor Holly Valance and partner Nick Candy. Picture: Adam Yip

Actor Holly Valance and partner Nick Candy. Picture: Adam YipSource:News Limited

Denying the allegation, Mr Candy said he had never threatened anyone with sending the boys round, but he had threatened to call police over seats he had bought for Valance’s family to travel from Australia, paid for by her father.

Some of the tickets had arrived and some not and some were the wrong class, he said.

“It was a very stressful time for my family, my Lord,” Candy told the court.

Holly Valance’s husband is facing a court battle in London. Picture: Getty

Holly Valance’s husband is facing a court battle in London. Picture: GettySource:Supplied

“I got married five days after this, and if you live in Australia, the time zone will be in front of this, so they probably have about two days left to get to the wedding, and they have paid for their tickets and they have got no tickets.”

He told the court one of the ticket providers had since gone to prison “for selling fake airline tickets”.

Holyoake was Nick Candy’s long-time friend from university until Candy lent him $20 million in 2011 for a property deal but then allegedly asked to be paid back $60 million.

He and his brother have been accused of using threats against Holyoake and his family to recover the money, including a threat to sell it on to Russian debt collectors.

The Candy brothers have said Holyoake was a liar and his claims would taint the rest of their lives.

Chrissie, Sam & Browny pull off the near-impossible

Nova 100’s new breakfast team surprised everyone by starting on air a few days early. Courtesy: Nova Entertainment

Nova’s breakfast show in Melbourne: Jonathan Brown, Chrissie Swan and Sam Pang.

CHRISSIE Swan, Sam Pang and Jonathan Brown have pulled off the near-impossible.

The Nova trio were today crowned the number one FM breakfast show in Melbourne despite only being on air for just over 12 months.

And they toppled some radio heavyweights to do it.

Chrissie, Sam & Browny overtook Triple M’s Hot Breakfast and Fox FM’s Fifi, Dave, Fev & Byron who have been in a two-way race for the number one position since mid-2014.

The Nova team now have an 8.1 per cent radio share with Triple M on 7.7 and Fox on 7.6.

It’s a remarkable achievement for the breakfast show which was languishing in fifth place in the FM ratings when they replaced Tommy Little and Meshel Laurie at the start of 2016.

“We thought our boss was joking when he told us [about the number one position],” Swan told news.com.au, “and we thought, ‘that’s not a very kind prank’”.

But as excited as the Nova 100 presenters were once they realised their boss wasn’t lying, Swan is adamant the team doesn’t place too much importance on ratings.

“I think if you’re coming first or not, for us, it doesn’t really affect our love of what we’re doing,” Swan said.

And besides, she said, “everything can change in a few weeks”.

Jonathan Brown, Chrissie Swan and Sam Pang. Picture: Julie Kiriacoudis

Jonathan Brown, Chrissie Swan and Sam Pang. Picture: Julie KiriacoudisSource:News Corp Australia

Swan, a radio veteran, said she realised their show was something special when they jumped in the studio for their first show in January last year.

“Having never worked together before, something happened in that studio on day one that I’ve never seen before,” she said, referring to the secret ingredient that all great radio shows possess: chemistry.

“Just watching that happen has been deeply satisfying for me. You can’t manufacture it, it’s been a magical gift.”

The “magical gift” is the result of careful planning by Nova bosses who revealed to news.com.au last year how they put Chrissie, Sam & Browny together and set it on its path to the top of the radio ratings.

Adele ‘scared’ now tour’s biggest secret is out

Songstress Adele is wheeled into her concert in an equipment box.

Adele’s big secret is out of the box. Picture: Morne de Klerk/Getty

TOURING music superstar Adele performed a sellout stadium show in Adelaide last night — her first concert since widespread media reportage about her unusual, hush-hush method of getting to the stage.

And she told the Adelaide audience she was “frightened” now her cover had been blown.

The singer’s Australian tour sees her performing in the round in massive sporting stadiums with no underground access to the pitch, leaving her with only one option to get to her starting position before the show: Go through the audience.

Adele’s all superstar poise on stage — but minutes before the show starts, she’s crouched in a little box being wheeled through the crowd. Picture: Morne de Klerk/Getty

Adele’s all superstar poise on stage — but minutes before the show starts, she’s crouched in a little box being wheeled through the crowd. Picture: Morne de Klerk/GettySource:Getty Images

Not wanting to spoil the surprise or create audience pandemonium, the singer has been wheeled out each night in a cosy black box, passing within a few feet of thousands of unsuspecting fans just minutes before her show starts.

What's in the box? Only Adele.

What’s in the box? Only Adele.Source:Twitter

A glamorous entrance.

A glamorous entrance.Source:Twitter

There were whispers each night, of course — fans who suspected the cramped box being pushed through the stadium to the stage contained the biggest-selling pop singer in the world — but for the most part, the thousands who attended each of her concerts were unaware of her cleverly low-tech entry.

There she goes — right past thousands of her fans.

There she goes — right past thousands of her fans.Source:Twitter

But after Saturday’s second Sydney show, the news spread far and wide through the media — and Adele now admits she’s “scared” her ruse has been exposed.

“I’ve done so many shows in that box, and it has been a nightmare. This time when I came out, you all knew I was in it. I was scared, I was. I’m not lying; I was frightened,” she told the audience at Adelaide Oval last night.

“So now, I’ll just walk out and ruin the surprise and be like ‘Oh hello, hello!’”

Adele will finish her Australian tour wit two shows at Melbourne’s Etihad Stadium this weekend — we’ll have to wait until then to find out if she really has ditched the box. One thing’s for sure, though — what started out as a cunningly low-key method of taking to the stage undetected has quickly become one of the most-watched parts of her concert.